Winneba Diocesan MYF Officers Inducted.
Winneba Diocesan officers of the Methodist Youth Fellowship (MYF) – a youth organization under the Youth Development Ministry of the Methodist Church Ghana were on 11th December, 2022 inducted into office for a three year period.
The event which came off at the Ebenezer Methodist Church – Gomoa Benso was graced by the leadership of the Methodist church at the Diocese. The event also witnessed other distinguished personalities within and outside the Methodist Church. Amongst other guests who graced the event were the Synod Secretary of the Winneba Diocese, Very Rev. John Prince Sackey, Diocesan Youth Organizer, Rev. Samuel Koranteng Sakyi, Immediate Past and Past Lay Chairmen, Bro. Jacob Emmanuel Eshun and Bro. Nicholas Taylor, Connexional Chairman, Bro. Benedict Imbeah Baiden, Gomoa Manso Superintendent Minister, Very Rev. Justice Essoun Coffie, other ministers, MYF officers from sister dioceses and officers from other sister organizations in the Winneba Diocese.
Speaking on behalf of the Diocesan Bishop, the Synod Secretary admonished the inducted officers to eschew the attitude of taking the organization as a personal property; using it for their self gains. He stressed that, the church has clear structured principles sourced from the Bible that governs all organizations which all officers must adhere to, in shepherding the members.
The executives who were inducted into office were:
1. Sis. Judith Amo Blankson – Chairman
2. Bro. Emmanuel Essoun – Vice Chairman
3. Bro. Derrick Fio – Secretary
4. Bro. Lewis Oti Boaitey – Assistant Secretary
5. Bro. Titus Eduafo – Collins – Financial Secretary
6. Sis. Patricia Egyirwaa Mensah – Treasurer
7. Bro. Samuel Watson Marfo – Evangelism Coordinator
8. Sis. Evelyn Awereba Mensah – Co-opted Member
9. Bro. Barnabas Coffie Gyagri – Immediate Past Chairman
10. Bro. Kwame Adu Acheampong – Ex-officio
The officers are expected to supervise the activities of the youth fellowship in the 21 circuits throughout the Winneba Diocese from October 1st, 2022 to 30th September, 2025.